FILM SUBMISSIONS ARE OPEN UNTIL July 1st, 2012.
As a filmmaker you probably have many questions regarding our festival. Let us take a shot at answering a few of them:
What type of films are you looking for?
Our submissions committee will screen hundreds of films in order to find the MOST INSPIRING and ORIGINAL INDEPENDENT FILMS. Does your film inspire and motivate, entertain, educate and evoke? We request that only films ranging from G- PG13 rated content be submitted. Twain Harte is a family community and we try not to show films with overused violence, distasteful language or sex. A movie such as Pulp Fiction, albiet incredibly made, would not be advised for submission. If you have questions regarding your film feel free to contact our Programming Director!
What categories of films are considered for Film Fest Twain Harte?
- Feature Length Narrative (60-120 min.)
- Short Form Narrative (6-55 min.)
- Documentary (15-120 min.)
- The Great Outdoors (15-120 mins. Fictional or documentary films themed by: outdoor adventure, the wild west, snow sports, water sports, or rodeo sports)
- Foreign (15-120 mins. Fictional or documentary films from any country outside USA)
- Animation (15-120 mins. Animated fictional films rated G-PG)
- Local Student (6-120 mins. Submissions only open to current students K-12 grade from Tuolumne and Calaveras Counties)
What are the benefits to filmmakers selected to this festival?
- festival passes
- opportunity to have your film sold at the festival
- opportunities to meet with distributors and press
- entry into the Filmmaker Lounge with refreshments
- entry into awards ceremony
Can I speak after my film screens?
Most directors present will have an opportunity to speak about their film each time it screens.
I am an amateur filmmaker. Do you recommend I submit my film?
We preview films from all levels of filmmaking: accomplished filmmakers to novice students.
I have more than one film. Can I submit all of them for consideration?
Yes, but the fee on Without A Box is still the same.