CLICK THE BOX ABOVE TO BEGIN THE SUBMISSION PROCESS!
Film Submission FAQ – - As a filmmaker you probably have many questions regarding our festival. Let us take a shot at answering a few of them:
What type of films are you looking for?
Awesome ones!!! We showcase cinematic talent from an international level. Aside from regular feature narratives, shorts and documentaries we feature : WILD WESTERN, GREAT OUTDOORS & CHILDREN’S FILM categories.
Our submissions committee will screen hundreds of films in order to find the MOST INSPIRING and ORIGINAL INDEPENDENT FILMS. Does your film inspire and motivate, entertain, educate and evoke? We request that only films ranging from G- PG13 rated content be submitted. Twain Harte is a family community and we try not to showcase films with overused violence, distasteful language or sex. A movie such as Pulp Fiction, albiet incredibly made, would not be advised for submission. If you have questions regarding your film feel free to contact our Programming Director!
What categories of films are considered for Film Fest Twain Harte?
- Feature Length Narrative (60-120 min.)
- Short Form Narrative (6-59 min.)
- Documentary (15-120 min.)
- THE WILD WEST FILM FEST (any length) YEHHAAWW!!! Film Fest Twain is reviving an old tradition, featuring The Wild West Film Fest. This category will encompass a full day of programming and will feature new, independent Western films from around the nation, as well as honor historic Westerns in a comme du fete atmosphere.
- The Great Outdoors (15-120 mins. Fictional or documentary films themed by: outdoor adventure, the wild west, snow sports, water sports, or rodeo sports)
- Children’s Films (15-120 mins. Animated or live-action fictional films rated G-PG)
- Local Student (6-120 mins) Submissions only open to current students K-12 grade from Tuolumne and Calaveras Counties only.)
How do I submit my film? Do I mail a DVD somewhere?
We deal with all of our submissions on withoutabox.com . Our esteemed judges reside all over the place, so we preview them films digitally from our computers. If accepted into the festival, you will be notified by June 15th, 2013 and asked to send us a DVD or Blu-Ray screener.
How many films are submitted on average and how many are accepted?
In 2012 we received over 500 total submissions and screened nearly 100 films over the four-day festival. This is a higher than average acceptance rate for film festivals (compare that to the 8,000 / 200 ratio that Sundance has!) Also, because we have a few niche categories our acceptance rates are very encouraging to filmmakers.
What is the cost of submitting films to the festival?
The cost varies depending on the category. We are proud to say that we are in the top 10% of most affordable film festivals. For example the Earlybird Special for submitting to The Florida Film Festival is $50. Ours is $20. All information can be obtained on www.withoutabox.com
What are the benefits to filmmakers selected to our festival?
- festival passes
- opportunity to sell your film at the festival
- opportunities to meet and network with distributors, fellow filmmakers and press
- entry into most VIP events
- potential to win awards
Can I speak after my film screens?
All directors, cast and crew present will have an opportunity to speak about their film during festival screenings.
I am an amateur filmmaker. Do you recommend I submit my film?
We preview films from all levels of filmmaking: accomplished filmmakers to novice students.
I have more than one film. Can I submit all of them for consideration?
Yes, but the fee on Without A Box is still the same.
“Withoutabox logos are trademarks of Withoutabox, a DBA of IMDb.com Inc. or its affiliates.”